Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Handcrafted Farm-Table

Get ready for some handcrafted goodness.
I wanted to share some photos of something Drew made. Ever since we've been together, he's always made me something handmade every year. Jewelry box, bookshelf, lantern, spice rack, wedding album(made from wood!), bedside table... It's really sweet, and I say all that to say that's he's gotten really good at making beautiful things out of wood! His latest(sort of) project has been a table inspired by the rustic farm-table look. I don't even understand how he does any of it or the techniques he used so I will just show ya the pictures and not attempt to explain what is going on in them. :)



                                           I do know what these are called! butterfly joints ^

the assembly process... ^

    Isn't that wood so pretty?! The wide boards are White and Red Oak and the 
    skinny strip in the middle is Cedar. I love the rustic look of it. There are even some old nails still in the      boards that are on both ends of the table. You can sort of see them in the picture of the left. 


the hidden drawer...i should have gotten a picture of it closed because you can barely even tell it's there




I love sitting here on quiet mornings writing in my journal, reading my bible, and drinking coffee. This room is really pretty in the morning with the natural light coming in... it's becoming my favorite room in our home.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel this table is awesome! I have been looking for one everywhere, but can't find one I really love. Ana White has a couple of plans for one on her site and I have thought about George and I building one when we get into a bigger house. Drew really did an amazing job, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I thought it turned out so beautiful! I had been really wanting one too, but everywhere I looked they were like $500 at the cheapest, usually more. Drew had been wanting to work on a bigger project, so he just decided he'd make it himself. Yall should totally build one...it's a lot of work but definitely worth it. We got our wood at this place in Cullman called Southern Architecture- it's amazing...you'd love it.

    ReplyDelete