Wednesday, September 28, 2011

the house sparrow


I am so excited to be sharing these pictures not only because this jewelry is made by my very talented friend, Haley Baker, but also because for about two weeks we were convinced that these pieces of jewelry were lost forever. I shot the images, packed up all her items, and sent them on their way. Well, a few days go by and no jewelry. After about a week, we got real worried. I checked with the post office here, she talked with the one in Nashville. We filed lost package forms, talked with lots of different people, made calls, and checked every possible post office on the route and still no package. I had pretty much accepted the fact that the jewelry had been lost or stolen and when I opened my mailbox last Friday I almost fainted. The package was there with "insufficient address" stamped all over it. I literally started yelling and jumping...and running towards the house to get my phone. I completely freaked Roman out and he started running around like crazy. I called Haley and we freaked out together :)

Anyway, all the jewelry is 100% antique-vintage, put together by Haley herself. She has found some really amazing pieces...one of the lockets below has a picture of a man and woman inside and is dated 1902!
Oh yeah, lots of cool people have been spotted wearing her necklaces too! Taylor Swift included. Now that's just awesome. You can read more about her jewelry here:
http://www.thehousesparrowbyhaley.blogspot.com/
or visit her facebook page "The House Sparrow"















                                                                      A fav of mine.







                          




1902. I'd love to know the story of this couple. I like to imagine it's some kind 
epic love story. 








                 Another fav. I believe this one is for sale at Everyday Indulgence in Tuscaloosa, AL.






                                         Hey Romey, thanks for keeping me company

1 comment:

  1. I actually was friends with Haley in Elementary school :) Her jewelry is so pretty! And your pics are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete